Welcome to the Electrical Trades Program. The student experience at Tri-County Career Center is a unique combination of textbook learning and real world hands-on experiences. We apply Science, Math and Communication Skills to career opportunities.
In this exciting and challenging field, students prepare for careers by developing skills to meet residential and commercial electrical demands. Following blueprints and specifications, students are taught electricians layout, install wiring; attach cables and wiring to incoming electrical service, fixtures, and apparatus; and install switches, circuit breakers and other electrical components.
Students are trained to install and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes by using equipment ranging from hand and power tools to sophisticated testing devices. The curriculum used for training complies with the National Electric Code as well as state and local building codes. Students will get hands-on experience through installation projects that include Habitat Houses for Humanity, Tri-County’s house project, and local community projects.
Electrical Trades prepares students for a mentally challenging, physically demanding job, highly rewarding job. The key to being a successful electrician is skill, knowledge, dedication, and attitude.
- Occupational safety
- Blueprint reading
- National Electric Code
- Electrical measurements
- Principles of electricity
- Proper tool and test equipment operations
- Wiring skills
- Installing distribution systems
- Residential and commercial wiring
- Electric motor and control systems
- Solar power
- Wind power
- Level 1 Electrical certification from National Center for Construction
- OSHA 10 hour card
- National Vocational Technical Honor Society
- Four-year apprenticeship program
- Two-year associate’s degree in electrical technology
- Four-year degree in electrical systems management
- Alternative Energy Program at Hocking College
- Apprenticeship partnering with Claypool Electric
- Articulation agreements with Hocking College, Romanoff Group, and IBEW Union Hall
740.753.3511 or 800.637.6508